August 9th, 2016
Today we have more than 650 members who have garnered awards and made The New York Times best-sellers list. Members include C.J. Box, Anne Hillerman, Craig Johnson, Mark Hall-Patton, Thomas Cobb, Chris Enss, Kat Martin, Kirk Ellis, Lucia St. Clair Robson, Paul Andrew Hutton and David Morrell.
Our benefits include:
- Our annual convention (June) brings members, publishers, editors, and agents together to transact business, renew friendships, attend panels, and participate in tours
- Spur Awards and banquet, where WWA honors the recipients of the organization’s coveted top awards (held at the convention)
- WWA actively helps its members market their work, and aggressively promotes the literature of the American West, which it considers this country’s unique contribution to world literature
- WWA authors’ member-only online bookstore
- Star Speakers Bureau, where members can list their details for speaking at events
- Roundup magazine, where members books can be reviewed
If you’re still not convinced whether WWA is right for you, think about this. We’re an inclusive, welcoming group whose members live all over the U.S., not to mention Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America. You’ll make friends, have fun, promote your work, and have the chance to hang out with some of the brightest people in the Western literature field.