Western Writers of America Bookseller Display Contest
In anticipation of Western Writers of America’s annual convention in the latter part of June, Western Writers of America is challenging booksellers, museum gift shop managers, and librarians to create a window or shelf display that highlight western authors and western musicians and their work. The store, library, and museum gift shop judged to have the best display will each win $500.
WWA was incorporated in 1953 to promote the literature of the American West. Like the Western landscape itself, WWA and the books, songs, and stories produced by its members have evolved immensely. WWA boasts more than 750 members who are historians, nonfiction authors, young adult, romance writers, songwriters, poets, and screenwriters for film and television.
To participate in the book display contest independent booksellers, museum gift shops, and libraries are asked to email a photo of their display featuring books about the Old West with the subject Western Writers of America Bookseller Display Contest. From photos submitted between April 6, 2020 and May 1, 2020 Western Writers of America will select five finalists based on the creativity, originality, and design of the display. Western Writers of America will announce the winning bookstore and museum gift shop on Friday, June 5, 2020 and again at the Spur Award banquet on June 20, 2020. We would like to invite the representatives of the winning bookstore to attend the Spur Award banquet.
Full contest details are available below.
Official Rules for Western Writers of America Bookseller Display Contest:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to independent booksellers, museum gift shops, and libraries located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia.
How to Enter:
- To enter Western Writers of America Bookseller Display Contest review these Official Rules; create a display of western themed books or western-themed music and take a photo of the display. There is no minimum or maximum number of books that can appear in the display. The focus of the display should be on books written by WWA members. (You can find a list of members on our website)
Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Western Writers of America Bookseller Display Contest,” and include in the body of the email your name and email address, and your bookstore name, address and telephone number and any social media pages created for the bookstore. You must have permission from any persons who appear in the photo before submitting it. Photos may not include obscene or offensive materials or defame any person, or otherwise infringe on any person’s proprietary rights. By entering, you agree that your photo may be posted on the Western Writers of America website.
- Contest entry begins April 6, 2020. Entries must be received no later than May 1, 2020, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (ET). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the WWA board of directors. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries will not be returned. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
Judging and Voting:
1. Voting period begins May 2, 2020 and ends June 1, 2020, 11:59:59 PM ET.
- The display that is voted the best by the WWA Book Display Managers is declared the winner.
2. Winning bookseller, library, and museum gift shop will be announced June 5, 2020, and he or she will be notified by email or telephone.
1. The winning bookseller and museum gift shop will receive a $500 check from the Sponsor.
This contest is open to booksellers, libraries, and museum gift shops located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia. You are not eligible if you are an employee of Sponsor, Facebook, Woobox, the Authors and Musicians, their respective affiliates, or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this contest, or a member of the immediate family or household member of any such employee.
Release of liability/Consent to publicity:
By entering the contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) consent to and grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to use your name, city, comments, photographs and/or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes, including posting on the contest page without further notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign an agreement to that effect, except where prohibited by law; and (iii) release Sponsor, Facebook, Woobox, the Authors and Musicians, their respective affiliates, and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this contest, (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability from any claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities arising in connection with the contest and/or the prize.
- This contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other contest related materials.
- In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- By participating in the contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Rules which is available to you at the point of entry, and agree to abide and be bound by them and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this contest and the awarding of prizes.
- Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate the contest and amend the Official Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
Winners will be announced on the WWA Website and Social Media sites.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Facebook or Woobox. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook or Woobox.