Today we have more than 700 members, many of whom have garnered awards and made The New York Times best-sellers list.
Our benefits include:
- Our annual convention (June) brings members, publishers, editors, and agents together to transact business, renew friendships, attend panels, and participate in tours
- Spur Awards and banquet, where WWA honors the recipients of the organization’s coveted top awards (held at the convention)
- WWA actively helps its members market their work through attendance at trade shows, and aggressively promotes the literature of the American West
- WWA authors’ member-only online bookstore
- Star Speakers Bureau, where members can list their details for speaking at events
- Roundup magazine, where members books can be reviewed
- Inclusion in the Western Writers Hall of Fame Member Interactive at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West/McCracken Research Library.
If you’re still not convinced whether WWA is right for you, think about this. We’re an inclusive, welcoming group whose members live all over the U.S., not to mention Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America. You’ll make friends, have fun, promote your work, and have the chance to hang out with some of the brightest people in the Western literature field.